1. Zeno Sportswear is based at Unit 1, 26 Mallard Drive, Woodford Halse, Daventry NN11 3EJ.
2. Our website is available only to individuals that can form legally binding contracts under English law. We ship to UK addresses only.
3. By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
3.1 You are legally able to enter into binding contracts; and
3.2 You are at least 18 years of age.
4. All products are subject to availability and we may withdraw products at any time without prior notice.
4.1 Any delivery times or dates stated are estimates only. We will make all reasonable effort to deliver goods within the time specified, but we do not accept liability for any failure to deliver within that time.
4.2 Stock availability will be checked once we receive your order. If for any reason we are unable to fulfil your order (or any part thereof), you will be advised by us and, in the event that we have already debited your payment card, the appropriate amount will be credited to the card used to place the order.
5. All prices include VAT where applicable.
6. By ordering goods from Zeno Sportswear, you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms and conditions. Using our website also indicates you accept the terms and conditions outlined here.
6.1 We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these terms and conditions without prior notice.
7. Title of Goods shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid in full and received by Zeno Sportswear.
7.1 We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you. After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received it. This does not mean that your order has been accepted by us. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. The contract between us for the supply of product(s) ordered will only be formed when the product(s) are dispatched and the contract will only relate to those products we have dispatched.
8. Where there are links to third party websites from our website, we cannot accept liability of any kind for the products and services provided by those third party businesses.
9. Cancellations: To cancel an order, you must inform us in writing and return any product(s) to us immediately in the same condition in which you received them and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession.
9.1 Cancellations will not apply to the following products:
9.1a Personalised goods or goods made to your specification;
9.1b Goods that cannot, by their nature, be returned.
9.1c This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
10. Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due including delivery charges.
11. The price of any products will be as quoted on our website except in cases of obvious error.
11.1 These prices include VAT, but exclude delivery costs which will be added to the total amount due.
11.2 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders received prior to the change being made.
11.3 Payment for all products made through this website must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards. Your card will be charged when you place your order. If we are unable to fulfil your order (or any part thereof), we will refund your payment (see 4.2 above).
12. If a product is defective, you may return it to us at Zeno Sportswear, Unit 1, 26 Mallard Drive, Woodford Halse, Daventry NN11 3EJ.
12.1 Once we have received the returned item and inspected it, we will notify you of your refund by e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we received the returned item(s).
12.2 Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
12.3 Where you return any product(s) to us, you should ensure that the items are returned using a recorded or special delivery service which covers the value of the products being returned. We will not be liable for any loss in the event that we do not receive the product(s) or for any damage caused in transit.
13. We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through our website is of satisfactory quality.
13.1 Our liability in connection with any product purchased through our website is strictly limited to the purchase price of that product.
13.2 This does not include or limit in any way the following liabilities:
13.2a Our responsibility outlined under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
13.2b For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
13.2c For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
14. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (a Force Majeure Event).
14.1 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
14.1a - strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
14.1b - civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
14.1c - fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
14.1d - impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
14.1e - impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
14.1f - the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
14.2 Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
15. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
16. We retain the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
16.1 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case, it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we dispatch any goods ordered.
17. Contracts for the purchase of products through our website will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.